Business Development Executive (BDE) - Education
The Business Development Executive is responsible for establishing strategic district partnerships and identifying new revenue streams for Freckle Education sales. Deals are focused on creating new lines of business that are typically 6-18 months out.
A successful candidate is experienced at negotiating complex deals at the district level for K-12 education institutions with minimum revenue deals starting at $90K for scale and is comfortable working through RFP and board member decision making processes. Often this will involve creating a business opportunity that has no benchmarks or previous existence. Functional expertise and industry expertise are both required skills in this role. District Administrator / Superintendent and board level interactions are frequent, and big picture thinking is a necessity to help the organization achieve its goals.
As a Business Development Executive (Education), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Freckle’s Education Software within education organizations of at the district level. Your responsibilities will include helping to define the strategy for the education vertical, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with education leaders to establish new business that will lead to long-term high revenue business opportunity.
This role will be responsible for the entire end-to-end strategic partnering process, and is accountable for the deal, and a seamless transition to our District Account Management Team who will manage the retention and upsell accountabilities.
- Identification of potential new revenue districts
- Help define the district education opportunities we target
- Set a strategic business development plan for the education market and ensure it is in line with Freckle’s strategic direction
- Negotiation of purchase order terms and any contractual agreements
- Driving internal communications / input at senior levels
- After the deal, ensuring a smooth handoff to operational teams and ensuring clear partner management goals are in place
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (i.e., sales team, customer success teams, marketing, etc.)
- Understand the education requirements of our customers and work with internal teams to guide the direction of our product solution offerings
- Understand and exploit the use of salesforce.com and other internal systems
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management teams regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers
Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education. We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize their instruction as best they can. Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help!
That’s why, at Freckle, we’re passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them. As of today, we reach nearly 9 million students across 35% of American schools and, with your help, we’re excited to make an even larger impact.
- Professional level with 15+ years’ experience in education space
- Strategic, solution and conceptual selling skill
- Ability to identify specific prospects / partners to approach while communicating the value proposition for their district and use case
- Previous experience owning a large P&L
Please note we will not consider candidates who do not meet the minimum experience selling in the Education sector.
- Base + Commission for Total On-Target Earnings Between $150K to $225K Depending on Experience
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- The week before New Years off
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- $1000 annually to spend on remote office