Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education. We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize their instruction as best they can. Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help!
That’s why, at Freckle, we’re passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them. As of today, we reach nearly 9 million students across 35% of American schools and, with your help, we’re excited to make an even larger impact.
This is a customer-facing role that will give you the opportunity to work with our mid-market customers after they purchase Freckle. You will have countless opportunities to create and execute new processes, initiatives, templates, talk tracks, negotiation strategies and customer-engagement campaigns. Our quotas are big, and our team is small, so this role is perfect for someone with grit, hustle, a can-do attitude, and inherent motivation. This role needs someone who likes to roll up their sleeves, approach challenges with a level-head, and will have the determination to figure it out and get it done. And you’ll be motivated to come to work everyday because you’ll know that what you do will directly impacts the company's bottom line, growth and customer experience.
In this quota-carrying role, there are two goals: customer retention and growth. In this role, you will:
- Have a dedicated portfolio of customers to work with for a calendar (school) year. You will have to be an expert at balancing the need to be a customer advocate and a company advocate simultaneously.
- Own the account handoff from sale to renewal, including: account implementation, technical integrations, training, review calls, and upsell
- Identify upsell opportunities through analyzing data
- Proactively communicate new product features
- Drive up usage with unique strategies for each one of your accounts
- Have the opportunity to work with your customers holistically -- from District Admin to Teachers to Coaches. You will work with everyone at the district or school to ensure you and the district meet the agreed-upon goals.
- Interact with and influence internal stakeholders on what customers are saying about our product. You are your customers' voice.
The ideal candidate:
- Has been a teacher for K-12 students in a public school in the US
- Has been part of a Customer Success or Account Management team
- Has a passion for education
- Extreme attention to detail while also being speedy and incredible at time management
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, gifted at asking clarifying questions, sets proper expectations internally and externally, and effectively advocates for the customer
- Comfort with using a variety of software platforms to optimize time and efficiency (Google Suite, Excel, TextExpander, Salesforce, Calendly, Periscope, etc.)
- High EQ, hustle, a can-do attitude, bias to action, ability to work effectively on a small team (aka, wears many hats) and intrinsic motivation to meet / surpass self-created goals
- Willing to work East Coast School hours (7-4)
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- The week before New Years off
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
Freckle is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.