VP of Product
Reporting directly to the CEO, you'll operate as a member of the executive team and a key leader at the company. You'll be the overall product leader, driving the direction and strategy of our product. You will lead the Freckle product and curriculum teams, and will work very closely with leaders of the engineering, sales, and marketing teams.
Our mission is to ensure every student gets a world class education, and we do that by empowering teachers to reach each of their students at their own level. It will be your role to craft a product that empowers teachers to do just that.
You'll work on things like
- Building, leading, and mentoring the product and curriculum teams
- Driving execution. You'll be responsible for coordinating our curriculum, product, and engineering teams, and you'll make sure our marketing and sales teams are well informed and comfortable. It'll be your job to make sure this happens flawlessly, every time.
- Working on high level product vision in partnership with the CEO by thinking through our mission, business goals, customer feedback, competitive landscape, and industry changes
- Owning Freckle's product strategy and roadmap, and communicating it effectively to customers, prospects, partners, Board of Directors, employees, and other key stakeholders
- Establishing processes to use customer feedback, internal team feedback, and an overall product plan to prioritize engineering and curriculum development roadmaps
- Thinking through every detail about the products we make to ensure we're serving our customers in the best possible way, and are fulfilling our business needs
- Validating and testing features and content
- Planning release schedules, crafting messaging for products, and coordinating release amongst internal teams
- Owning product and business analysis. Identify, measure and report on key performance metrics. Develop, run, and present routine business reports.
Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education. We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize instruction as best they can. Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help! That’s why, at Freckle, we’re passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them. As of today, we reach 10 million students across 45% of U.S. schools and, with your help, we’re excited to make an even larger impact.
Freckle is a Series A funded team of 57, and is well on its way to profitability.
- Has 15+ years overall experience as a product manager
- Has 10+ years experience leading product teams of 8+ individuals, as well as experience managing other managers
- Has a proven ability to develop a strong team of product owners and designers
- Has a track record of frequently shipping great products
- Has deep business acumen, and is comfortable with data
- Is an expert at sifting through myriad options and effectively prioritizing what's most important
- Is a pragmatist at heart
- Is great at communicating with a lot of stakeholders quickly and efficiently
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, dental, vision
- Lunch + dinner on Freckle 4 days a week, and team event every month
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery station
Freckle is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.