Director of Sales Operations
Are you an inquisitive, adaptable A-player?
Do you consistently challenge the Status-Quo?
Does number crunching excite you and bring out your inner geek?
Freckle Education is looking for a nimble, hands-on Director of Sales Ops who will help us to integrate our systems and streamline our workflows in order to increase productivity and drive efficiency. As the first SalesOpser, you will report directly to the SVP of Sales, and will help us analyze pipelines and lead dispositions, participate in pipeline development meetings, and forecast. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales & customer success process optimization and program implementation. You will also work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled through tools.
The ideal candidate excels in simplifying the day-to-day marketing, sales, account management and support workflows. You will work cross-functionally to develop buy-in, create workflows, standardize documentation and shepherd these projects from concept to rollout to day-to-day operations to ensure team engagement. You will seek out opportunities to engage with our business partners to fully understand our business, and have the technical grounding to collaborate with our product development and executive stakeholders.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to impact our long-term operational strategy and overall success.
- Design, implement, and manage a sales forecasting and data analysis process.
- Liaison with Sales, Marketing, and Product team members to provide accurate and timely information and reporting
- Drive continual data-quality cleanup initiatives
- Partner with Marketing, Sales/Account Management to define and improve our lead-to-closed sale process, reporting, and metrics
- Strategize and manage the development of sales process workflows, policies, and procedures (i.e., rules of engagement, scorecarding, promotional initiatives)
- Communicates key process information, deadlines, task definition, etc. to groups within the Sales, Account Management and Support organizations
- Researches, recommends, develops, reviews, and maintains existing and new reports and reporting tools for stakeholders within the company on request
- Own and administer Salesforce
Here at Freckle, our mission is to ensure that every student gets a world-class education. We believe that students do their best learning when teachers can reach them at their individual levels. Yet, most teachers are only provided with resources that teach to one specific level.
To overcome this, teachers work nights and weekends to find the perfect piece of content for each of their students. Then, during the day, they work with their classes in small groups so they can personalize instruction as best they can. Teachers are doing this all on their own and they deserve our help! That’s why, at Freckle, we’re passionate about providing teachers with the resources and data they need to teach all of their students at the level that’s best for them. As of today, we reach 10 million students across 45% of U.S. schools and, with your help, we’re excited to make an even larger impact.
Freckle is a Series A funded team of 57, and is well on its way to profitability.
Qualifications and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an operations role supporting an inside organization
- Sales, operations and supporting software (i.e. SFDC, Hubstop, SaaS Optics, ERP, CRM, EDI)
- Minimum 2 years experience tracking marketing demand generation and top of funnel lead activities in SaaS companies
- Organizational and analytical skills: ability to set up and analyze sales reports, uses data to present fact-based analyses and recommendations
- Proactive in approach to problem identification and resolution
- Knowledge of using database warehouse and reporting tools
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and Google Suite
- Strong communicator, relationship builder, and accurate planner able to deliver within set deadlines
- Operational procedures, internal/financial reporting
- Prior experience in a startup
- Ability to travel outside the San Francisco office on occasion.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous equity option grants
- Medical, dental, vision
- Lunch + dinner on Freckle 4 days a week, and team event every month
- $1000 annually to spend on professional development and learning
- Working from downtown SF, super accessible location right by Montgomery station
Freckle is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.